• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question DNS Template Question

ItsDan

New Pleskian
I'm curious if there's something better we could be doing. Recently we had an issue where emails weren't going to the externally hosted email providers for domains on our server. We realized it was user error mostly, someone here hadn't been turning off mail service for the domains so we assume it was being delivered locally, or trying to.

We turned that off but still had issues and realized there were DNS entries including MX servers pointing back to the server. I realize those came from the DNS template, which I've disabled. This seems to have replaced the dns template with a ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com template.

We always use external DNS servers, usually with the domain registrar, so those are never the name servers. I guess I'm curious if there's a way to tell plesk to just query a public dns and stop trying to use any local settings, including nameservers which wont' exist.

Thanks for your time :)

Back