1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

DNS Template question

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Filipe Miranda, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Filipe Miranda

Filipe Miranda Guest

Hello,

Part of my DNS template looks like this:

<domain>. NS ns1.<domain>.
    <domain>. NS ns2.<domain>.
    <domain>. A <ip>
    ns1.<domain>. A <ip>
    ns2.<domain>. A <ip>

Since I need 2 DNS entries for my domain, and in this test server I'll use the same server to handle these 2 entries, my question is:

Is there a variable to point to the second ip available in my server?

As you can see:
    ns1.<domain>. A <ip>
    ns2.<domain>. A <ip>

This will make it point to the same ip address, but I need it to point to the sencond available virtual address that I have in my server. Is there a variable to that? Or will I have to speficy the IP address itself?

Thank you,
    Filipe Miranda

2. yakudza

yakudza Guest

http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.2/Doc/plesk-8.2-unix-administrators-guide/16647.htm :

Select the resource record type and specify the record properties as desired.

Note that you can use <ip> and <domain> templates that will be replaced in the generated zone with real IP addresses and domain names. You can use a wildcard symbol (*) to specify any part of the domain name, and you can specify the exact values you need.

Seems there is no <second virtual address> templates.