• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS Template

M

manos2000

DNS Template on plesk so far does not allow to put A record for www host (Always replaced by CNAME)

I put at template :
www.<domain>. A <ip> , if i wanted a CNAME I would put a www.<domain>. CNAME ip. but always new domains have CNAME for www host even if i put A record in template.

When we press a url in a browser then our machine asks the root servers for the name servers of the domain we typed.
If it is an A record the Name servers reply with one lookup the ip of the domain. If it is a CNAME need 4 lookups.
Actually all dns reporting servers (eg dnsstuff) display a warning if CNAME is used.

thanks,

manos

DNS Template on plesk so far does not allow to put A record for www host (Always replaced by CNAME)

I put at template :
www.<domain>. A <ip> , if i wanted a CNAME I would put a www.<domain>. CNAME ip. but always new domains have CNAME for www host even if i put A record in template.

When we press a url in a browser then our machine asks the root servers for the name servers of the domain we typed.
If it is an A record the Name servers reply with one lookup the ip of the domain. If it is a CNAME need 4 lookups.
Actually all dns reporting servers (eg dnsstuff) display a warning if CNAME is used.

thanks,

manos

Hello manos,

Thank you for the report. The request is queued for the future releases.

Further on this, I don't think its just www. records but ANY changes to the DNS template since 8.6.0.1. For example, I have created a customer webmail.<domain> A record entry in my template to point to my central mail server, however this is not added whenever a new domain is created. I have checked the databases dns_recs_t table and the values are correct so am at a loss where it is getting its template information from. I have even tried changing values in the template (EG mail.<domain> to point elsewhere) which always use the old values. Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Right, same problem here. DNS Templates did work until I had to install the hotfix because statistics didnt work anymore. Now the DNS Template ist broken. But you can reset the DNS Zone to default in domain -> dns, then the custom records are added. Hope parallels will fix this soon, its quite annoying to have a fix installed to solve a problem and then have about 3 new ones... that are much more annoying that the one before.

Back