• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS Updates Failing with 11.0.9 MU 7

TSCADFX

Basic Pleskian
We've experienced issues when users update their DNS settings via the control panel. The control panel will show that the DNS change was made successfully however upon re-entering the DNS settings page the following error shows up

"Warning: The DNS zone was modified. If you would like to apply DNS template changes to this zone, either click the 'Apply DNS Template Changes' button on this page or choose the 'Apply the changes to all zones' option in Server Administration Panel > Tools & Settings > DNS Template Settings > Apply DNS Template Changes."

The template has not changed and the zone is synced with the template for those specified settings. This message pops up on entries that are not contained within the template.

The changes do appear to be made as they are reflected in the control panel. When analyzing the /var/named/chroot/var/domain.com file for DNS settings the changes are not reflected and therefore not public facing. This is caused quite some confusion because the customer sees that the DNS settings are changed when in reality that haven't.

No errors are shown in /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log or in any of the messages logs.

To me it would appear that MySQL is being updated but the file is not. Any Ideas?

We are still having this problem and there's still no reply. Upon further investigation we've found that there are errors being logged in the panel.log as shown below:

2012-12-11T23:35:44-08:00 ERR (3): DNS Connector: error during commit (PleskMultipleException): Err$
dnsmng: Unable to connect to the mysql database

Any suggestions?

That's the only error shown when trying to sync the domains using the panel. The only other thing that I noticed is that the record file is located in the /var/named/chroot/var folder. From my understanding this should be in the /var/named/run-root/ folder. It was a fresh 10.4 install and only been updated through Plesk.

The error doesn't make sense to me because the db is being updated when changes are made in the control panel. It's the actual file that's not being updated.

Thanks

Last edited:
We found out what the problem was.

The passwords that we use for our servers are dual factor and randomly generated. No one in the company really knows what the login credentials are as they are encrypted. The only time we see the password is when it is first created. It was noticed that some of the passwords contained special characters.

MySQL doesn't like special characters including & and + for db connect passwords. In addition, our password was 64 characters long and the max that MySQL will accept is 32. Changing the password and ensuring that it didn't have any special characters mentioned above did the trick.

Performing a search for the error that we saw returned 0 results on Google. I can't believe no one else has run into this problem. Anyway, hope this helps someone in the future.

Last edited:
Back