• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS zone in Plesk panel and A record to another IP

MiquelA

New Pleskian
OK, I'm starting with dedicated server management and I need some basic help. So the situation is the following:

I have a domain with one registrar (GoDaddy)
I have a personal VPS in OVH with Ubuntu 14.04 x64 and Plesk 12
I have a website in a dedicated OVH server too (which I cannot control)

And what I want to do is the following: I want to point the main domain (example.com) to the dedicated machine that I cannot control, but I want to control all the other DNS records from my VPS (subdomains, emails, and so on).

What I was trying to do is the following:

I pointed the domain to my VPS with de A record from GoDaddy.
I created all the subdomains in my VPS with the Plesk DNS zone.
I pointed the A record of my VPS to the dedicated server in OVH, but when I try to go to the website and I write my domain in the browser I'm still redirected to the main page of the domain in my VPS.

What should I do?

Hello,

Have you checked the all redirecting setting on your VPS ? Check .htaccess and URL setting of your sub-domains.

Hello,

Have you checked the all redirecting setting on your VPS ? Check .htaccess and URL setting of your sub-domains.

You have to excuse me, I'm really new in server managing as I said. What I'm trying to do now is to register two ns servers: ns1.example.com and ns2.example.com. I'm waiting now for DNS propagation, then I'll set de nameservers in the Domain Registrar to ns1.example.com and ns2.example.com.

I should do first that, am I right?

Hi,

Yes, with name servers you will be able to manage the dns for the domain. Then you will be able to set the required dns. If any further help is required do let us know.

24x7serversupport.com

Back