• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question DNS2 issue

hardbrasil

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
almalinuix 8.6
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian latest version
hello fellas,
i am facing a new thing, that i never had using plesk and ovh.

into my registrar i set NS1 and NS2 with my 2 IPs address
thani i add second IP on Plesk panel (tools and settings)

The ns1 i use the main server IP, its work fine
but the second IP, qhen i query on intoDNS: checks DNS and mail servers health tool, i got this msg

ERROR: One or more of your nameservers did not respond:
The ones that did not respond are:

i open a ticket with plesk, they told me that this ns2 address respond on server (internally), but not outside.
so i disable all firewall, open ports, i made everthing and continues with this "not respond"

i ask ovh if there is a board firewall, they tell me that i am missing to register a dns for this domain into ovh panel, so strange, because i never had done this before.
i just set dns 1 and 2 on my domain registrar pointing tho those 2 IP, add set them to plesk and used to work.

any light?

Why do that at all? There is no advantage of having two DNS entries point to the same server.

i see, but i never had any issues doing like this.
It [mostly, see below] doesn't hurt, but there is also no benefit. If you have a single server, and it is down, it doesn't matter if you can resolve its IP or not.
my registrar need at leats 2 dns to allow the dns changes.
Just put OVH's DNS in the second place. It might complain about not being authoritative, but that's still better than a server that doesn't reply at all because that might slow down resolving if the client tries to connect to the non-responding DNS server first.

Back