• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

dnsmng::update() failed: dnsmng failed: startIndex cannot be larger than length of st

S

siscom

Trying to add an entry in the DNs via Plesk control panel and get the following error.

dnsmng::update() failed: dnsmng failed: startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.
Parameter name: startIndex
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\dns\DNSManager.php:720
DNSManager::updateDNSZone(object of type DNSZone, boolean false, boolean false, boolean true)
1: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\ui_common\DNSResourceRecordPropertiesUIPointer.php:57
DNSResourceRecordPropertiesUIPointer->accessItem(string 'POST', NULL null)
2: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\UIPointer.php:529
UIPointer->access(string 'POST')
3: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\plesk.php:13

How can I fix this?

check if supported version of dns server is used

1. Microsoft DNS 5.2
2. BIND DNS Server 9.4.1
3. Simple DNS Plus 5.0

check if dns server is detected properly on the components management page in Plesk

How to re-register dns server

components still shows simpledns 4.0 not 5.0... any idea how to reconfigure plesk for the upgraded dns server?

More DNS Troubles

I was able to set components to internal plesk bind just fine.. and then components shows the current 5.0 version of simpledns .. but I get the below message when trying to set plesk to use simpledns...

Error: Set default component failed: defpackagemng failed: Execute dnsmng.exe REMOVE * failed: startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.
Execute dnsmng.exe UPDATE * failed: startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.

I am pulling my hair out.. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Back