• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Incorrect Username or Password - I´m not able to reset my password

UserNotFound

New Pleskian
Hey there,

First of all, here are some information regarding my installation:

Your operating system ( Windows Server 2012 hosted at strato)
Your current used Odin - Product ( Plesk 12.0.18, MU #73)
Your depending installed mail - server software ( horde, MailEnable)

Feel free to let me know if there is anything else you may need.

Weeks ago I ran into trouble with my PLESK/Odin installation. I installed a wordpress update and it seems that after that update - which was not completed because of some random error - I could not enter my PLESK Control Panel. Wordpress was still up and running so I thought I could check back to this problem later. Some weeks passed by and now I am standing here not having a clue what to do to overcome this issue.

Plesk wouln not let me log in for whatever reason. I got a Error 500 php error which was related to a file that was probably missing - well it was not actually missing but it might have had something to do with permissions. From my vServer I was shown a blank page after completing the login procedure, while from my remote client I received that mysterious error 500.

I checked out the error logfile and fund this:
0: Hierarchical.php:105
LockManagerClient->__construct()
1: Hierarchical.php:105
Plesk\Lock\Manager_Hierarchical->_getClient()
2: Hierarchical.php:172
Plesk\Lock\Manager_Hierarchical->_applyLock(string '', object of type Plesk\Lock\Resource)
3: Hierarchical.php:136
Plesk\Lock\Manager_Hierarchical->lock(object of type Plesk\Lock\Resource, string '')
4: Manager.php:80
Plesk\Lock\Manager->lock(integer '1', array, string '', array)
5: Lock.php:34
Plesk\Lock::write(object of type Plesk\Lock\Object_NodeService, string '', array)
6: ServiceNodeEnvironment.php:80
Db_Table_Dictionary_ServiceNodeEnvironment->sync(boolean false)
7: Windows.php:98
Service_Driver_Packages_Windows->sync()
8: login_up.php3:85
[2015-12-17 17:07:07] Exception: Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\Lock\Manager\Hierarchical.php
line: 105
code: 0
trace: #0 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\Lock\Manager\Hierarchical.php(105): LockManagerClient->__construct()
#1 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\Lock\Manager\Hierarchical.php(172): Plesk\Lock\Manager_Hierarchical->_getClient()
#2 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\Lock\Manager\Hierarchical.php(136): Plesk\Lock\Manager_Hierarchical->_applyLock('', Object(Plesk\Lock\Resource))
#3 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\Lock\Manager.php(80): Plesk\Lock\Manager_Hierarchical->lock(Object(Plesk\Lock\Resource), '')
#4 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\Lock.php(34): Plesk\Lock\Manager->lock(1, Array, '', Array)
#5 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\Db\Table\Dictionary\ServiceNodeEnvironment.php(80): Plesk\Lock::write(Object(Plesk\Lock\Object_NodeService), '', Array)
#6 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\Service\Driver\Packages\Windows.php(98): Db_Table_Dictionary_ServiceNodeEnvironment->sync(false)
#7 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\htdocs\login_up.php3(85): Service_Driver_Packages_Windows->sync()
#8 {main}

[2015-12-18 02:27:36] ERR [panel] Updates were not installed: Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
[2015-12-18 02:29:38] ERR [panel] Error: Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.

So I browsed through the directories to see if the file was really missing. Guess what: it was there. I thought it could have to so something with permissions because wordpress updates stopped randomly for a permission error as well. So I figured to repair permissions and, hey, I managed to update Plesk from the command line and this problem was now (kind of) solved.

After updating my installation to the previously mentioned 12.0.18 Plesk would not let me log in at all.

When I try to login it tells me that my username and or the password is not correct. When I try to reset my password - which I know for 100% sure - it tells me that the combination of username and emailadress would not exist..

Do you guys have any suggestion for me on the following ideas?

I would like to retrieve the usernames from the mysql database on my vServer - But I have no clue how to do that. I found a short guide: http://kb.odin.com/en/427
Unfortunately I was not able to follow the instructions as I am not sure about the syntax of the cmd command. mysql.exe instantaneously closes the cmd every time and I can not more than guesstimate that it says: "access not permitted for this user" or something. I entered the password that I formerly retrieved using cmd
Code:
%plesk_bin%\plesksrvclient --get
I guess I entered the wrong database name but I have no idea which file provides the correct database name that I am looking for :/

If I could retrieve the usernames from the DB I could probably manage to log back in.

Thank you in advance for any kind of help or suggestions!

Dirk from Germany

When I try to login it tells me that my username and or the password is not correct. When I try to reset my password - which I know for 100% sure - it tells me that the combination of username and emailadress would not exist..

Do you guys have any suggestion for me on the following ideas?

I would like to retrieve the usernames from the mysql database on my vServer - But I have no clue how to do that. I found a short guide: http://kb.odin.com/en/427
Unfortunately I was not able to follow the instructions as I am not sure about the syntax of the cmd command. mysql.exe instantaneously closes the cmd every time and I can not more than guesstimate that it says: "access not permitted for this user" or something. I entered the password that I formerly retrieved using cmd
Code:
%plesk_bin%\plesksrvclient --get
I guess I entered the wrong database name but I have no idea which file provides the correct database name that I am looking for :/

If I could retrieve the usernames from the DB I could probably manage to log back in.

Dayum, I noticed that forms auti-fill on my browser entered "Admin" instead of "admin". Hence, the login process seems to be fine. ^^'

I get an HTTP 402.14 Error: Forbidden. I still believe something with permissions is not set up correctly. could you guys guide me a way to set permissions correctly or reset them to a working state?

Back