• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue dnssec is not restorted from backup

Linulex

Silver Pleskian
Server operating system version
Almalinux 8.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.57 Update #1
As the title says:

dnssec data is not restored when restoring a domain from backup. Domains are "unsigned" and stop working because the registry does have dnssec keys.

regards
Jan

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this. The issue with the extension is already known, it affects the extension on Plesk for Linux. The issue can be traced in the changelog as EXTDNSSEC-49 once the fix becomes available.

Thank you for the update. It's good to know it is known and is going to be fixed.

Regards
Jan

Hm... have consulted with developers about the issue and now I have some update, not sure is it good news or bad...

EXTDNSSEC-49 was fixed during implementation working on Plesk DNSSEC 1.4.x as part of adding supporting Plesk for Windows.
Could you provide more details about environment (OS version, Plesk version, the extension version), how do you perform backup and restore? I would like to try to reproduce the issue and file a bug report.

sure:
Server operating system version Almalinux 8.9 (also tested on centos 7.9)
Plesk version and microupdate number Version 18.0.57 Update #1
Plesk DNSSEC 1.4.2-1192

Backup is done via plesk backups in tools & settings without data, only configuration. Then deleted the subscription and restored from backup.

dns itself is restored correct, but the domain is unsinged and no posibility to re-sign it with old keys.

I was testing deleting and restoring to see if a sitejet website would still be in there as we always only backup the configuration. Website / mail content and databases are backup-ed via other means.

regards
Jan

Thank you for the details, it helped to figure out what and why happened. Keys generated by DNSSEC are considered as "User files". It means when you create backup "without data, only configuration", it does not contain the keys. If you create backup with the "User files" option and restore it back, correct keys also will be restored.

I going to file the collected information as a feature request (but not a bug in the product).

Thank you for the explenation.

This seems strange to me, i as user, "created" the keys when i configured dnssec, but i didn't upload these files. They seem part of the configuration of the dns to me.
To me they are the same as a virtual host configuration file. I as user "created" that when i made the hosting, but i don't consider that to be a user file.

Regards
Jan

Back