• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question do i need to setup nameserver in plesk?

florkz.com

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.51 Update #1
hello,

(more or less this email i've sent to affraid.org-support and now i'm posting it here to get your response)

I'm a beginner and I'm trying to understand the concept of nameservers. (I did the setup of hosting my blog florkz.com on my local machine with dyndns-service affraid.org and my router fritzbox 7390)

I have a chatbot frontend on my oracle cloud (chat.florkz.com) and the backend (callback.florkz.com, it is a bot-script created with chat-GPT3 based on a llm to relieve one's boredom) on my local machine, which I try to set up and make it achievable from the internet with the affraid.org dyndns-service. My blog florz.com is hosted on a vps and managed by plesk-panel, with which I have created the new subdomain callback.florkz.com.

to redirect calls from callback.florkz.com to my local machine, i need to set up nameservers (on affraid.org), or?
if yes, is the type of the subdomain record created at affraid.org then NS-type instead of A-type?
do i need to setup nameservers for callback.florkz.com on my plesk-panel?

regards,
Dusko

the subdomain (chat.florkz.com) is not shown at the plesk main-panel. why can't find an evidence of this subdomain anywhere on this panel? the subdomain was created with a managed hosting service and then i've switched to an vps.

The name server is just how the internet looks up your server's DNS records. You don't "need" to use the DNS on your plesk server if you don't want to leaving the default name servers in place with your registrar but you will need to remember to update your DNS records to add A records, MX records (if you want working email), etc. You could also set up a wildcard A record to so any sub domain you create will just work.

Using a custom name server to work off of your own server could be very easy or very complex depending on your registrar but using the DNS service that's provided by plesk could make things easy for you in the long run as well.

Back