• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Docker container Proxy Rules to Restricted domain

LudoNvl

New Pleskian
Hello Pleskians,

I got a problem with my docker container.
I got multiple domain on my plesk. I got one container with a framework installed on it.
I configured it with manuel mapping port to redirect port 80 and 443 to externals.
To link the container I add "Docker Proxy Rules" in a specific domain.
All good for now.

When I try to go on my.specific.domain.com:XXXX it works well. But if I try to go on my.other.domain.com:XXXX it works too as it should not.

I only want to have one domain related to container. In my case, I think the container is still open to every domains.

Do you have an idea ?

Hello Pleskians,

I got a problem with my docker container.
I got multiple domain on my plesk. I got one container with a framework installed on it.
I configured it with manuel mapping port to redirect port 80 and 443 to externals.
To link the container I add "Docker Proxy Rules" in a specific domain.
All good for now.

When I try to go on my.specific.domain.com:XXXX it works well. But if I try to go on my.other.domain.com:XXXX it works too as it should not.

I only want to have one domain related to container. In my case, I think the container is still open to every domains.

Do you have an idea ?

Hello,
you have to enable your firewall to block direct access to your container on the custom ports you have choosen.
Otherwise, you docker container will always be accessible directy, even with http://YOUR-SERVER-IP:XXXX

Thanks for your answer Virtubox.

If you have already did it on Plesk, I would like to have your steps to follow. Otherwise I will do it myself.

Thanks for your answer Virtubox.

If you have already did it on Plesk, I would like to have your steps to follow. Otherwise I will do it myself.

Hello,
install the Plesk Firewall if you haven't installed it yet, and then enable the firewall in Tools & Settings > Firewall.
More informations about the firewall are available in the documentation : The Plesk Firewall (Linux)

Back