• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question DOCKER-ELASTICSEARCH-HOW TO

kornblume

New Pleskian
Hello,
I just installed a Docker-Elasticsearch from scratch.

The console says:
ERROR: [2] bootstrap checks failed
[1]: max virtual memory areas vm.max_map_count [65530] is too low, increase to at least [262144]
[2]: the default discovery settings are unsuitable for production use; at least one of [discovery.seed_hosts, discovery.seed_providers, cluster.initial_master_nodes] must be configured
ERROR: Elasticsearch did not exit normally - check the logs at /usr/share/elasticsearch/logs/docker-cluster.log

Directory /usr/share/elasticsearch/ does not exist.
Is there anything else I have to edit in plesk or anywhere else?

Regards,
Gunther

Try to increase value of vm.max_map_count with the following commands (actual for Ubuntu at least):

sudo sh -c 'echo "vm.max_map_count = 262144" >> /etc/sysctl.conf'
sudo sysctl -p

Thank you Igor,
ths Error is gone now, but still:
ERROR: [1] bootstrap checks failed. You must address the points described in the following [1] lines before starting Elasticsearch.
bootstrap check failure [1] of [1]: the default discovery settings are unsuitable for production use; at least one of [discovery.seed_hosts, discovery.seed_providers, cluster.initial_master_nodes] must be configured
ERROR: Elasticsearch did not exit normally - check the logs at /usr/share/elasticsearch/logs/docker-cluster.log

and the directory /usr/share/elasticsearch/logs/docker-cluster.log still does not exist...

Seems to be running now, but still I get from CLI:

curl localhost:9200
curl: (7) Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused

1619702632163.png

Thank you Igor,
ths Error is gone now, but still:
ERROR: [1] bootstrap checks failed. You must address the points described in the following [1] lines before starting Elasticsearch.
bootstrap check failure [1] of [1]: the default discovery settings are unsuitable for production use; at least one of [discovery.seed_hosts, discovery.seed_providers, cluster.initial_master_nodes] must be configured

and the directory /usr/share/elasticsearch/logs/docker-cluster.log still does not exist...
I'm also getting same error after running the container and i checked the logs and its showing same error and there is no directory for elasticsearch, How you resolved that issue?

Hello,
I just installed a Docker-Elasticsearch from scratch.

The console says:
ERROR: [2] bootstrap checks failed
[1]: max virtual memory areas vm.max_map_count [65530] is too low, increase to at least [262144]
[2]: the default discovery settings are unsuitable for production use; at least one of [discovery.seed_hosts, discovery.seed_providers, cluster.initial_master_nodes] must be configured

Directory /usr/share/elasticsearch/ does not exist.
Is there anything else I have to edit in plesk or anywhere else?

Regards,
Gunther
Hi Gunther,

It looks like you're encountering a couple of errors with your Docker-Elasticsearch installation. The error message you posted is indicating that the virtual memory limit on your system is too low and that the default discovery settings need to be configured.

Regarding the first error, you can increase the virtual memory limit by running the following command as root:

sysctl -w vm.max_map_count=262144

Regarding the second error, you can configure the discovery settings by adding the following lines to your elasticsearch.yml file:

discovery.seed_hosts: ["host1", "host2"]
cluster.initial_master_nodes: ["node1", "node2"]

It's possible that you'll need to make these changes on the host machine as well as within the Docker container.

As for the missing /usr/share/elasticsearch/ directory, it's possible that the directory wasn't created during the installation process. You may need to manually create the directory or try re-installing Elasticsearch.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Back