• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Debian, Plesk, Docker, Elasticsearch

TinaBura

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 9.13
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.43 Update #1
Hi, I am running the combination above on my Plesk server.
I have managed to install Docker and Elasticsearch. When I start elasticsearch I get the error:

Code:
ERROR: [2] bootstrap checks failed. You must address the points described in the following [2] lines before starting Elasticsearch.
bootstrap check failure [1] of [2]: max virtual memory areas vm.max_map_count [65530] is too low, increase to at least [262144]
bootstrap check failure [2] of [2]: the default discovery settings are unsuitable for production use; at least one of [discovery.seed_hosts, discovery.seed_providers, cluster.initial_master_nodes] must be configured
ERROR: Elasticsearch did not exit normally - check the logs at /usr/share/elasticsearch/logs/docker-cluster.log

What should I do on my server to increase vm.max_map_count? It is Debian and I have unfortunately no idea how to administrate a server via console. I need a kind of ready-to-use line, that would not corrupt anything. As I would not be able to repair it afterwards. :confused:
The second line [2] of [2]: I do not even understand what does it mean and what I have to setup and where.
Can someone help? Thank you!

Thank you, @IgorG !
Just for other genius like me. This code also work for Debian (not only Ubuntu) ;)
Code:
sudo sh -c 'echo "vm.max_map_count = 262144" >> /etc/sysctl.conf'
sudo sysctl -p

Back