• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Docker-Extension not Installing

p0se

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I'm using Plesk Onyx on a Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS‬
It is Dedicatet Root Server

When I try to install the Docker-Extension I'm getting this error:

Code:
Fehlgeschlagen
Die Installation der Erweiterung ist fehlgeschlagen.
Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/docker/scripts/post-install.php failed with exit code 1 and the output:
[2018-08-09 20:31:09.892] ERR [extension/docker] Execution installer has failed with exit code 1, stdout: Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
ca-certificates is already the newest version (20180409).
dmsetup is already the newest version (2:1.02.145-4.1ubuntu3).
apt-transport-https is already the newest version (1.6.3).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
Executing: /tmp/apt-key-gpghome.hTCWQSq5KB/gpg.1.sh --keyserver hkp://ha.pool.sks-keyservers.net:80 --recv-keys 58118E89F3A912897C070ADBF76221572C52609D
, stderr: Warning: apt-key output should not be parsed (stdout is not a terminal)
gpg: key F76221572C52609D: 7 signatures not checked due to missing keys
gpg: key F76221572C52609D: "Docker Release Tool (releasedocker) <[email protected]>" not changed
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg: unchanged: 1
E: Failed to fetch https://apt.dockerproject.org/repo/dists/ubuntu-bionic/InRelease 403 Forbidden [IP: 52.85.172.103 443]
E: The repository 'https://apt.dockerproject.org/repo ubuntu-bionic InRelease' is not signed.
ERROR:root:Command '['apt-get', '-qq', 'update']' returned non-zero exit status 100
exit status 1
Cannot install docker-engine

Anybody have an idea?

Change Log for Plesk

Currently, Docker does not support Ubuntu 18.04 and neither does the Docker extension. We recommend that you do not install the Docker extension on a Plesk server with Ubuntu 18.04. As soon as Docker starts officially supporting Ubuntu 18.04, we will add the support to the Docker extension as well.

Is it possible to enable Docker extension to work with Docker-CE in the installation? The Docker-CE (CE stands for Community Edition, check About Docker CE) supports already the Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Docker extension works with CE edition, but cannot be enabled on the 18.04 now as dockerproject doesn't support it, yet.

Fyi, I've "upgraded" my older Ubuntu 16.04 based system to use CE instead of the project, as I'm using Plesk for my own projects / sites / test enviroments. And all works well with CE edition.

Last edited:
Now Docker supports Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS.
Does Plesk provide a time for Docker support in Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS?

Plesk doesn't have any timeline for the Docker support, or at least it seems to be so. There is no apt repository for the Ubuntu Bionic in Docker project.

Plesk should upgrade Docker extension to use official Community Edition of the Docker. And it should happen as soon as possible.

I haven't seen any news from Plesk team, but I just noticed that Docker extension is updated two days ago, October 18th. The new version 1.4.0 supports Docker 18 and Ubuntu 18. Tested and it installs without problems.

Code:
# lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:   Ubuntu
Description:   Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
Release:   18.04
Codename:   bionic

# docker -v
Docker version 18.06.1-ce, build e68fc7a

My two cents. Another way to get information about changes:
The page on Ext. Catalog: Docker - Plesk Extensions!

1.4.0 (18 October 2018)
  • Updated Docker Engine to version 18.
  • The extension now supports Ubuntu 18.
  • [-] Proxy rules set up for a subdomain of an addon domain are now removed if the subdomain was removed. (EXTDOCKER-34)
  • [-] Added links to port numbers of containers. (EXTDOCKER-29)
  • [-] Names of environment variables can now contain lowercase letters. (EXTDOCKER-23)
  • [-] On Linux servers, it is no longer possible to set up identical proxy rules for different containers or set up a proxy rule that matches one already configured for a given URL. (EXTDOCKER-46)
  • [-] On Windows servers, a Docker image can now be run even if the image name contains the slash character ("/"). (EXTDOCKER-16)

Back