• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Docker Proxy for a LAMP container

super_tron

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have one large legacy application that no one has the time and money to rewrite. It is behind authentification and not a security risk. Now I run newest Plesk but need to have PHP 5.6 in a LAMP stack.

So I try it with this docker image or similar: jakejarvis/docker-lamp-php5
It works well, but when I disable automatically assign ports I cannot select the application in the "Docker Proxy" form.

The container exposes Port 80 and Port 3306 standardports and I simply wanted to serve this on a separate domain.

The problem is exactly this one here: Not possible to add Docker Proxy rules, no container is displayed
But the solution from that discussion to expose the ports is already realized in this docker container.

"Looks like the container you using has "Expose" option. Docker image used to deploy the container does not have "Expose" option or the required port is not exposed.
Plesk allows mapping ports that are exposed only."

Does anyone please know what to do or can recommend another docker container, that does what I need.

Then I tried this image: phpdockerio/php56-fpm
Here the selection works, I would like to know the difference.

However it is still not possible to route the service to Port 80 or 443 because that ports are already taken.
When I route it to 8080 I only get an error, but this error might be a problem in the docker image.

Is it at all possible to have a LAMP dockerimage routed to 80/443?
Which image do you suggest and how to do it?

Back