• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Docker Redis overcommit_memory and Transparent Huge Pages

lucflash

New Pleskian
Hey guys,

i would like to start multiple Redis Servers for a Magento Project (Session + Cache) and we are using the prebuild docker images for that.
We have tried the "official" Redis Image in Version 5.0.12 and 6.0.12 and also the popular bitnami/redis. We always get these two main problems on startup:

WARNING overcommit_memory is set to 0! Background save may fail under low memory condition. To fix this issue add 'vm.overcommit_memory = 1' to /etc/sysctl.conf and then reboot or run the command 'sysctl vm.overcommit_memory=1' for this to take effect.
WARNING you have Transparent Huge Pages (THP) support enabled in your kernel. This will create latency and memory usage issues with Redis. To fix this issue run the command 'echo never > /sys/kernel/mm/transparent_hugepage/enabled' as root, and add it to your /etc/rc.local in order to retain the setting after a reboot. Redis must be restarted after THP is disabled.

In the end, the redis server stopped working by "MISCONF Redis is configured to save RDB snapshots" problem.
How can we implement such fixes? i know about the possibility to login on cli by
docker exec -it xxxxyyyyzzzz bash
but here i have no root permissions and docker says we are on a read-only filesystem.
Is there anything i am missing out?
Thanks for your help in advanced

Back