• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Docker WordPress default passwords

iratefox

New Pleskian
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to setup a Docker container with the official WordPress image and just cannot get this going.

I tried the out-of-the-box settings in Plesk and I got as far as the initial WordPress setup screen but I don't know the DB user/pass at this point and cannot seem to find a location/way of obtaining this.

I tried setting environment variables for SQL db/user/pass and WP vars and it always fails with "MySQL Connection Error: (2002) php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known". With this, the WordPress setup screen is not shown. At least without using these variables it seems to actually install - i just don't know the credentials.

Any ideas how I might solve this? I've never had to setup WordPress using Docker before but I've set up a number of other applications and didn't hit such basic issues. Unfortunately, there seems to be nothing in search results that I have been able to successfully use.

Thanks

May I ask why you need WordPress in docker? Why aren't you using the awesome Plesk WordPress Toolkit specially made for WordPress hosting?

Back