• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Document Root (Why is a WP website not shown?)

FrankJ

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Host Edition 18.0.49 Update #2
Hi guys,

I have several folders under httpdocs and try to switch the document root for the domain Domain Default page. The result always is the Plesk message "This is a default webpage generated for …"

Am I missing something general? I've read through so many support threads already and changed the document root agaian and again — the website does not show. What am I dong wrong?

Cheers, Frank

Attachments

• 20230120-document_root.jpg
    20230120-document_root.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 6
This usually happens when there is an index.html file in the document root that is copied from the default Plesk domain page.
If there is an index.php that belongs to your web app, you can safely delete the index.html from the document root.

Thanks for your reply, Maarten. That index.html could be the reason. I didn't even noticed the file. My problem seems to be solved.

When you wrote "that is copied from the default Plesk domain page" does it mean that the index.html is sometimes copied automatically to the folder? To me it looks like. Is there a way to prevent it?

Cheers, Frank

Back