• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Does a system user automatically have a Plesk Control panel?

Kroptokin

Regular Pleskian
If i create a new customer I am asked to create a new Plesk user. This Plesk user appears to have access to a Control Panel. Can this be prevented?

If I create a second user e.g a mail account there is an option whether or not to give them Control Panel access but I can't see this option for the default account.

Thanks

Question: does Plesk automatically give the new default user for a customer account access to the CP? It appears to me to be so. Let me ask the question another way. Let's say I've noticed that the default user has Control Panel access is it possible to disable this? If so what menu should I be looking under? Thanks anyone.

You're asking how to disable the automatically selected "Access to the control panel" option.
I did not see such an option. Maybe @IgorG might know better.

For example, I create customer with subscription and username "user". Then I go to Susbscription CP to Users tab, select my account "user", click "Change Settings" and then "User is active". Is this correct scenario for you?

I think I'm probably creating a problem which does exist. My use case is I want to be able to give a web site to someone. They can e.g. manage it with WordPress. But I don't want to give them access to a Control Panel.

It seems that when you create a new customer you automatically give them Control Panel access. You can choose not give them a Subscription and they won't get a Control Panel - according to the text on the new Customer screen. But I have to give them a Subscription so they have a web site. I can't see how you can disable CP access for a customer.

That said it is probably a non-question because I can just not give them the Plesk user name and password. (Duh!)

I see the point you are making. You can add secondary users to a subscription and these can be active or not active. Inactive users cannot access the Control Panel. And for completeness, it appears that when you create mail users on a subscription you can optionally give the user Control Panel access. But my concern was with the default customer/main subscription user. But as I say I think the problem is resolved - just don't share the password with them.

Last edited:
Back