• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Does Cloudflare Servershield Plus plan charge me for heavy traffic?

raytracy

Basic Pleskian
I just find a feature list of Cloudflare Servershield Plus Advanced vs Free edition here:
ServerShield by CloudFlare extension - Plesk

But I cannot find any quota regarding traffic usage in above table.

In other hands, I cannot find similar plan in CF retail price list, but found there are more detail limitation listed for all of the retail plan: Pro Plan | Cloudflare
For example, CF specified that:
  • Smart Routing: First 5 GB are free and $0.10 per GB thereafter
  • Load Balancing: First 500k DNS requests are free.$.50 per every 500k DNS requests after
  • Up to 4 origin servers: $10/month. Up to 6 origin servers: $15/month
  • Client maximum upload size: 100MB
I would like to know does Servershield Plus Advanced with Plesk will eliminate the limitation in above?

Should I pay more when I have heavy traffic? If do so, where is the price list for additional addon service of Servershield Plus Advanced?

I just find a feature list of Cloudflare Servershield Plus Advanced vs Free edition here:
ServerShield by CloudFlare extension - Plesk

But I cannot find any quota regarding traffic usage in above table.

In other hands, I cannot find similar plan in CF retail price list, but found there are more detail limitation listed for all of the retail plan: Pro Plan | Cloudflare
For example, CF specified that:
  • Smart Routing: First 5 GB are free and $0.10 per GB thereafter
  • Load Balancing: First 500k DNS requests are free.$.50 per every 500k DNS requests after
  • Up to 4 origin servers: $10/month. Up to 6 origin servers: $15/month
  • Client maximum upload size: 100MB
I would like to know does Servershield Plus Advanced with Plesk will eliminate the limitation in above?

Should I pay more when I have heavy traffic? If do so, where is the price list for additional addon service of Servershield Plus Advanced?

With all Cloudflare plans, with/without Plesk, there are no traffic limit. You can use 100MB or 100GB with free plan , without paying anything.
About new CF premium features like Argo Routing or Load balancing, all are additional features, not included in Servershield Plus Advanced , or in other Cloudflare plans.

Main issue with Plesk servershield is it doesn't support Full DNS mode, and only use CNAME to use Cloudflare CDN.
So you can't use Cloudflare features on a website without www .
More informations : What are the partner Cloudflare setup options (Full DNS vs CNAME)?

I am sorry, I should rephrase my words.

For example, you stated that: 'You can use 100MB or 100GB with free plan , without paying anything', where can I found the statement about the number of 100GB in the contract of plesk free plan?

I would like to find out some thing like above for plesk Plus Advanced plan, for example:
300GB monthly per server or per domain with no additional cost (payment)?
But it seems no document clarify about such things.

What I found at this time has only "monthly $18.90" in the shop store, but I don't know is there any additional bill should be paid in case I have ran over 1TB or some what traffic per month?

Last edited:
I am sorry, I should rephrase my words.

For example, you stated that: 'You can use 100MB or 100GB with free plan , without paying anything', where can I found the statement about the number of 100GB in the contract of plesk free plan?

I would like to find out some thing like above for plesk Plus Advanced plan, for example:
300GB monthly per server or per domain with no additional cost (payment)?
But it seems no document clarify about such things.

What I found at this time has only "monthly $18.90" in the shop store, but I don't know is there any additional bill should be paid in case I have ran over 1TB or some what traffic per month?

Hello @raytracy ,
bandwidth isn't limited at all with cloudflare plans, with or without Plesk. But advanced plans provide the ability to cache more content with Cloudflare, which mean use more bandwidth.
Here my bandwidth usage with domain Pro plan, but it could be the same with free plan.

Screenshot119.png

OK, I got your point, the final question is:

Do you have to paid additional bill for your 2TB in last month? Or just paid the extension fee (monthly $18.90)?

OK, I got your point, the final question is:

Do you have to paid additional bill for your 2TB in last month? Or just paid the extension fee (monthly $18.90)?

I do not use the Plesk extension for this domain, due to CNAME limitations, but with 70+ domains on Cloudflare, that's the only one with a paid plan, all other are free plans .
Plesk extension is great, and very cheap (Cloudflare Pro 20$/domain - Plesk Servershield Pro 20$/server) but ServerShield supports CNAME integration only.

I hope to be able to use Cloudflare full DNS mode with ServerShield soon. (I will check if there is already a suggestion about that on Feature Suggestions: Top (1556 ideas) – Your Ideas for Plesk).
Cloudflare will never bill any extra -fees for bandwidth or requests. Only new extra features like Argo routing or load-balancing are billed depending on usage.

Edit : Cloudflare FULL DNS suggestion is here : Support full DNS for CloudFlare ServerShield

Last edited:
I do not understand the reason not to implement "Cloudflare Full DNS"... -except they wanna sell cPanel ?

Has one tried to set this up via the cloudflare api?
-> is it possible to change the 'DNS - MODE' from c-name to full dns via api ?

I do not understand the reason not to implement "Cloudflare Full DNS"... -except they wanna sell cPanel ?

Has one tried to set this up via the cloudflare api?
-> is it possible to change the 'DNS - MODE' from c-name to full dns via api ?

From the Plesk extension, I do not think you can switch to full dns mode, even with the api.
But personally, I use Cloudflare for almost all my domains, in full dns mode (without the plesk extension, all my domains use cloudflare nameservers directly), and I have just copied all dns records from Plesk in my Cloudflare dashboard.

Back