• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Does plesk notices let's encrypt certificate renewals?

Linulex

Silver Pleskian
In Tools & settings --> ssl/tls certificates i can choose certificates to secure mail en plesk

Certificate for securing Plesk
Certificate for securing mail

so far so good.

If a Let's Encrypt certificate is used, this is renewed every moth via a cron, will Plesk notice this renewal?

Will plesk copy the renewed certificate to the correct places (plesk and the mailservers) and then restart everything to make the new certificate active?

or do i have to make a note when the let's encrypt cron runs and then do it myself every month?

I could test this myself, but waiting a whole month to test if a change in 1 file is noticed is a bit over to top.
I am a patient man, but not that patient.

regards
Jan

Check that the certificate renewal task has been added to Tools & Settings > Scheduled tasks:

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 11.05.18.png

You can setup notification here.
All renewal tasks will be performed automatically.

@IgorG

I know it automatic renews every month, i wanted to know if a let's encrypt from a domain was used for plesk and email, would plesk see the renewal?

You gave me an idea, i just ran the renewal cron manualy. (i blame the weekend for not thinking of that myself)

I can confirm now: plesk notices the renewed certficate and moves it to the mailserver and secures plesk with the new one.

regards
Jan

Back