• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Does settings for main domain matter?

jackoackely

New Pleskian
Probably stupid question, but I am running Plesk Obsidian on VPS and I have main domain from hoster. Which I can use to auth for example.
Does it matter which settings (php settings, php version/apache/nginx). I have never touched it and default seems to work fine, but I am just wondering, if it does matter at all.

You might want to change the default settings because of your own preferences. In my experience the default settings are fine for most cases. However some applications might benefit or require different settings. Some Wordpress plugins require a more higher PHP memory limit and execution time. Nginx can be useful for serving static content and for caching. So yes, it does very much matter. But it all depends on your use case.

Back