• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved WordPress Network setup on Alias -- how to add alternative domains with Lets Encrypt SSL Certs?

joell

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009
Plesk version and microupdate number
I have a WordPress network / multisite website with the main site set up on a sub-domain alias of another website set up in plesk. I want to add another site to this WordPress network, but via a separate domain, not as a sub-folder or sub-domain, i.e.:

sub1.domain1.com = main WP network = alias of domain1.com
domain2.com = new sub-site on WP network I need SSL set up on.

I have added the domain through the workaround suggested on the forums through "Apache & nginx Settings" by adding the ServerAlias and server_name directives in
Additional directives for HTTP, Additional directives for HTTPS and Additional nginx directives.

This is working to load the site in HTTP, but I am running into a problem where the domain added via Apache & nginx Settings is not showing up when I go to add a new Let's Encrypt certificate for the domain. How do I setup the SSL certificate for the domain2.com site?

Suggestion for plesk: Add the ability to add alias domains to any "Website" whether or not it is set up as an alias itself?

I searched and found some posts similar, but they didn't cover the specifics of the SSL cert setup.

Thank you!

You could create a domain with "Add domain" and give it the same document root directory like the domain of your multi-site installation. You can then issue an SSL certificate for the new domain easily as if it was a separate website.

Thank you, I have done this, the Let's encrypt SSL cert appears to be generated properly, and appears to be the one set in the interface.

However now I'm seeing "your connection is not private" when visiting the site.

It's listing sub.domain.com when I look at the common name in cert details in dev tools of chrome which is the incorrect website address.

Also in the logs for the new domain I'm seeing the Warning, "AH01909: RSA certificate configured for domain.com:443 does NOT include an ID which matches the server name"

Oops, I had left the additional directives within the original domain settings. After removing those and re-issueing the cert it came through correctly.

Back