• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain Administrators - totally unusable

JLChafardet

Regular Pleskian
It seems, that since Plesk 10 is out, the concept of webhosting is simply "not their business nor interest".

now, what I'm facing is, the domain administrator, not even with the correct permissions
(ability to use the aplication catalog, use advanced site features, manage password protected directories, etc), can do anything but waste my time in support requests.

Domain Administrators SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT with their domains, "if" the permissions allow it.

I have a Role, Domain Administrator, that has EVERY PERMISSION MARKED as allowed, and THEY STILL CANNOT DO A THING.

cant install apps
cant password protect directories
cant use the scheduler
cant use the advanced operations: Website Copying and Website Maintenance Mode
cant add Domain aliases
cant add Sub Domains
cant manage auxiliary user

now, i have over 800 domains, THAT I DO NOT OWN, requesting support like crazy, because THEY CANT DO ANYTHING.

so, it is something i'm doing wrong? or it is simply, the fact that parallels, really decided that domain administrators are now suposed tobe useless?

I did! and did not understood the conept at first, now i feel prety dumb!

now I certainly understand, that migrating was a mistake.

well whats done is done. now gota overwork myself and create over 800 customers on each server, and send them their new accesses.

Back