• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

domain alias problem

M

mpearson

I am having a problem getting the domain alias to work. I have the original domain set up and working, then I went to the domain alias tab and set up the alias name and clicked web and click ok. When I go to a web browser and try to go to the alias page I get the default domain page for our plesk box (not the domain not configured page). Do I need to do something else to get this to work?

Hi,

Did you find the solution to this? I'm having the exact same problem.

Setup a domain, works perfectly, setup a domain alias, it resolves to the server's default domain. I've been through the sql tables in SSH and all seems to add up, it's got my very confused...

having the same issue. We have aliases that work, yet for some reason one we just added does not work. get default plesk page. Plesk version: v8.1.1_build81070322.16 os_FedoraCore 4

anyone resolve this?
I see posts about empty cname records, yet I don't see that issue. I can add an alias to the domain and then remove the alias and re-add it and every time I type the alias into a browser, I get the default plesk page.

I found that disabling then enabling the domain alias fixed this problem.

Originally posted by wildeep
I found that disabling then enabling the domain alias fixed this problem.

That is one of the many things I tried along with deleting/recreating the alias, restarting web server and DNS as well as rebooting the entire web host server. One of those things worked and now the alias is working.

Have the same problem! Was just writing a post about it myself and discovered this. Have tried recreating alias, restarting ALL services, etc. We do not use DNS on this server, the dns is hosted externally(don't know if that makes any diff). Here's the relevant part of the "/var/www/vhosts/emypeople.net/conf/httpd.include" file.

"<VirtualHost 12.191.239.175:80>
ServerName emypeople.net:80
ServerAlias www.emypeople.net
UseCanonicalName Off
ServerAlias emypeople.com
ServerAlias www.emypeople.com
SuexecUserGroup emy-ftp psacln
DocumentRoot

A solution would be great!

We got the same bug... and the disabling / enabling hack works for us as well.

Steps:

* Create a new domain
* Create an alias
* Disable the alias
* Enable the alias
* Restart apache2

... and the alias should work.

You might want to check whether email works for the aliassed domain, as it wasn't in our case.
Restarting the whole server fixed the last problem (just restarting Qmail might work as well, but I wanted to see if it still worked after restarting as well).

Confirmed, same problem happens here on 8.1.1 but the disable/enable trick works around it.

doesn't work for me...

I'm running 8.1.1 (using the plesk DNS), and the above steps don't work for me.

I even make sure I stop & start the httpd service (as opposed to restarting it) - and check in between that the server is not responding - but still no joy.

I tried another approach: look for and modify every test.php file in the /test/php directory on the system to try and find out which file is actually being displayed - but still the original is being displayed when I browse to the domain alias.

So this would indicate that a cached version is being served up (I did a hard refresh in my browser to ensure that the cache was not browser-related).

And what is also strange is that when I remove the domain alias via plesk, the page is still displayed in a browser...

This is quite a significant issue.

Any further ideas anyone?

Matt

Same problem here...

Wait a minute, no response from anyone at SW-Soft regarding this issue. DO they even READ their own forums????

The apache config can be forced to update by issuing

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng -u --vhost-name=[original domain name]

where [original domain name] is the domain name of the account (not the alias) and of course without the square brackets ([ ]).

Granted it's pretty lame that plesk cannot even get this right and issue a patch that runs this command.

Back