• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

domain alias without www

BruceLeeX

New Pleskian
hi.
I want to setup a domain alias without www in front of it.
A quite simple task in the past...but not with Plesk 12.
So I have a service domain (for example: service.com) that I use for ALL clients.
But each client has only a subdomain of it as alias in his account.
so client1.service.com, client2.service.com....and so on.
And only that subdomain...nothing more...for each account.
How to achieve that in Plesk 12?
Thanks

Hi BruceLeeX,

please see the "Hosting settings" on each domain. You can set there, if you prefer "www.domain.com" or "domain.com".

If I understand you correctly, you would like to set up more than one client for a single domain, and these clients should only be able to administrate one subdomain to that single domain and they should as well be able to set eMail - accounts and databases to that single subdomain? Well, sorry to disappoint you, but this is not possible. You can set additional users for a domain, but they will be able to administrate the whole domain, having defined rights to their user-role for a domain.

To achieve your idea, you have to set up the eMail - account(s), FTP-accounts for the desired subdomain(s) ( chrooted to that subdomain ) and possible database(s) by yourself and pass over the depending account - informations to the client(s).

Back