• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain aliases

AndorA

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I've tried really hard to find a way to create a list of all my domains and domain aliases. This was possible in Plesk 9, right from the dashboard even, but not in Plesk 10? Same for subdomains.

Even using the command line utilties there seems to be no function to get an overview of all domains, aliases and subdomains in Plesk. The only way I found to get to my domain aliases is either to open each account in power user view, open each domain one by one, list the aliases, copy and paste them to notepad. It's either that, or hack into the Plesk database to export the list. This is what I have been doing so far. But since Plesk is there to make managing a server easy, I can't imagine we're required to hack into the database just to get this basic information. Unless Plesk has deprecated the use of domain aliases (why?) and is actively discouraging people from using them at all?

What happens regularly is that we attach a domain alias to a domain for testing purposes. But when we later want to add that alias to another domain, or set it up as its own domain, we cannot. Plesk simply tells us that the domain is already registered in the system, but doesn't give any clue WHERE. So we need to go on a labor-intensive treasure hunt just to find the domain. I cannot image that software designed to manage your server and domains will not give you an option to find your domain alias in less than, say, an hour of opening all accounts and manually checking them all.

Did anyone find an easier way to get an overview of all the domain names in my system? Maybe some script to run on IIS to list all bindings or so?

Any help appreciated!

Back