• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Domain Connect 18.0.38 does not connect via External DNS

johnmlhll

New Pleskian
Hi
I am new to Plesk first discovering it when my crappy shared hosting plan for my new Freelancer brand tanked and I discovered it was the provider's security config on their contractors Colo servers. So, I bought a Cloud VM from them (Blacknight) and a Plesk licence and went about rebuilding my fledgling site and email services on Plesk.

I got it done, BUT I retained my hosting DNS register service which is paid for and is working well kinda well. So this led to a problem with Plesk local DNS throwing out DNS records onto my domain that nslookup was returning. Hosting provider support wanted me to disabled DNS and I went one further and uninstalled it. I did replicate the Domain connect records on the local DNS zone in the Blacknight DNS zone thinking they would propagate fine via the Sucuri WAF IP that points to my Plesk server IP. I was wrong.

Noting my DNS is clear on Blacknight DNS zone, save for domain connect as it does not do https to my Plesk server backend but my FWs external and internal don't block it, I can only assume the local config was only good for local DNS zone and does not use the domain connect TXTs in requests to the domain server.

What kind of config by record do I need for connecting to Plesk Domain Connect?

If I need to restore local DNS in a solution, how did I reinstall it, I cannot remember how to get into the extensions addons/etc??

Im running Plesk on Centos 7.9.2009

Back