• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain created via command line is locked

LarsenD

Regular Pleskian
PRODUCT, VERSION, MICROUPDATE, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Plesk 10.4.4 Update #31
Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS
x86_64

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
When I create a domain via command line it is locked.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Have a client "testowner" and a template "Domain only"

export PLESK_IP="enter your IP here"
/opt/psa/bin/domain --create test.test -owner testowner -dns false -www false -hosting true \
-hst_type phys -ip ${PLESK_IP} -login ftp_test -passwd test -ssl true -same_ssl true \
-webstat none -php true -mail_service false -template "Domain only"

ACTUAL RESULT
The domain is created and locked

EXPECTED RESULT
The domain should be unlocked and synched with the service plan.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
It would even be better if you could specify the wanted state (locked/unlocked) via command line options.

Hi,

Yes i think Plesk domains are in locked state after creation. If you need to change the locked state for changing the domain settings. I think the following steps will work.

If you are trying to unlock the domain. Please log in to Plesk panel and go subscriptions >> Click the domain >> From the top navigation menu, click Unlock & Sync.

Yes, I know that, but the purpose of a command line tool is that you don´t have to use the GUI therefore easing the process.

I can't reproduce it on my test environment.
Did you try it with default Service Plan "Default Domain"? Maybe problem in your Service Plan?

I have already deleted the default plan so I cannot test it anymore and I don´t think it´s a problem with my service plan as otherwise I guess the domain would not have been created at all or I would have seen some errors somewhere.

Please test for yourself:
/opt/psa/bin/domain_template --create "Domain only" -webmail horde -overuse normal -hosting true -max_maillists 0 \
-max_webapps 0 -webstat webalizer -webstat_protdir true -log_rotate true -log_bytime monthly -log_max_num_files 1 \
-log_compress true -no_usr reject -quota 5M -disk_space 5M -max_box 1 -mbox_quota 2500K \
-max_db 0 -max_traffic 500M -max_wu 5 -php false

I have created Service Plan according to your example and corresponding subscription for test domain without any problems.

Back