• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain forwarding issues IIS (bug?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DennisAm

Basic Pleskian
Hi everyone,

When I set the Hosting type for a domain to "Forwarding" and enter the URL where the domain should be forwarded to, Plesk sets this url for ALL domains that are of the type Forwarding. This is because Plesk sets the folder for the Redirection domain in IIS to Inetpub/vhosts/forwarding.

Since all domains of the type "Forwarding" will be linked to the vhosts/forwarding folder in IIS, all domains will redirect to the same URL. This is because the web.config file in the vhosts/forwarding folder can only have 1 redirection URL.

Also, see this topic in which the exact same problem is described: http://forums.iis.net/post/1908467.aspx

I think this is a bug in Plesk, but just to be sure: does anyone here face the same problem?

Dennis

Actually, information about redirect is recorded in applicationhost.config instead of web.config. So even if you have two sites linked in one physical location - it will use different URLs. Perhaps you have already some web.config file in directory where pointing all redirect sites? Anyway it would be useful to see content of your applicationhost.config and content of inetpub/vhosts/forwarding directory.

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your explanation. I removed the web.config file in the vhosts/forwarding directory and everything is working again now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back