• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain Forwarding

P

postman

Does anyone know if I can redirect all requests for mydomain.com to mydomain2.com from within Plesk?
or do I have to manually amend the conf files? (something i don't want to mess with in case it freaks Plesk out)
thanks,
j

When you setup a new domain, you can choose 'Standard Forwarding' or 'Frame Forwarding', then specify the other domain name URL to forward it to.

Cheers,
But I have already set the domain up.
Do I have to remove it and then add it again?
I also want to keep the email address for the domain to? and if I am being picky i would also like to retain the ability to add sub-domains - I know I am asking a lot!

Is there even a .htaccess type thing I could do to redirect all root requests to the new domain?

Sorry for being awkward and thanks,
jonny

With all that thrown in, there is no current way to do it all from the Plesk control panel.

There are other threads which discuss this issue.

Each issue can be addresses by manually modifying certain files from the shell and manual edits to the psa database.

or do I have to manually amend the conf files? (something i don't want to mess with in case it freaks Plesk out)

Most of the required mods would not necessarily 'freak out Plesk', but may be overwritten when you update Plesk, or create / modify domains. It all depends on which files are modified to accomplish the task.

thanks for the advice.
I got it working with .htaccess
cheers

Back