• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

<domain> <ip> DNS issues

G

gemmes

Hi All,

After installing Plesk my domain does not point to my IP address, I have my domain pointed to the correct nameservers.

When I view my DNS settings I see <ip> and <domain> tags instead of xxx.xx.xx.xxx and www.mydomain.com where do I set my IP and domain so that they are filled in where these custom tags are.

If i try to add an A record i cannot edit the <domain> part of my subdomain.<domain> record.

pls help.

huh? Why would you want to edit the <domain> part of a record you are setting up for that domain?

Like if your domain is abc.com and you want it to point to the ip 1.2.3.4 you would not put the ip 1.2.3.4 pointing at cba.com.

Do you have your nameservers setup locally?

If they are new nameservers did create nameserver records at your register?

Are they working with other domains?

Did you just try to setup the domain in plesk and see if the default dns settings work?

Hi,

my previous hosting setup automatically synced my 1.2.3.4 with abc.com when i viewed my DNS settings I never saw <domain> or <ip> tags I saw my correct IP or domain,

Im now using Plesk 9.0 when I added my www.abc.com I was told something like 'error: my ip did not resolve.' and now my ip domain does not sync.

I do not want to edit my <doamin> <ip> tags I believe they should be picked up automatically when I enter my hostname, website etc.

My domain points to the corrrect nameservers.

Re: Did you just try to setup the domain in plesk and see if the default dns settings work?
Yes.

thanks

thanks for replies.

I believe I now know why I am getting this error. My old domain/hosting company did not make me pay for 'DNS Management' my new hosts do and are expecting £18 a year, so I will be moving away from them fairly soon.

Also, going to look into free DNS sites. Any good sites let me know.

gemmes

Back