• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain is temporarily disabled for backup/restoring

• Thread starter Juan Villasante
  • Start date
J

Juan Villasante

Ok, i scheduled a backup to a ftp to this morning, for some reason it fails, but thats not really the problem, now i can't unsuspend the domain again, no way, i deleted the task, i restarted the server, but i cant get the domain working again, what can i do ? How can i undo the backup lockout ?

Im using Plesk 9.0 for Windows.

Text error: "Warning: The domain is still suspended for the following reason: Domain is temporarily disabled for backup/restoring."

I need to solve this issue ASAP. Thanks in advance.

Issue solved, in case someone have the same problem in the future, i just update dbo.domains.status to 0 (was 4 before) and clicking restore again inside plesk panel.

try to activate domain from command line:
cd %plesk_bin%
domain.exe --on example.com
Hope it will help you

[SOLVED] Same error

I have encountered the same error after backup failed and I couldn't find "dbo.domains.status" to modify it. I'm on linux so "domain.exe --on example.com" didn't work for me either.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance...

EDIT SOLVED: Ok, I got it, it's a database field name, not a file.. Here's what I did:

Go through mysql (Database management under Plesk 9.2.1 main screen, then phpMyadmin) to change the status field (database: psa; table: domain; field: status) from "4" to "0". Then restart apache. If it doesn't work, try to reboot server. A few minutes later everything went back to normal. Reviewing post about this issue I figured out that plesk automated backup service is far from being optimized yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Successfully Unsuspended

I experienced this same bug, Plesk 9.2.1 for Windows. I scheduled a global Plesk backup to FTP which failed (TBD why). Under the suspended domain, Backup Manager, Current Backup Tasks, there was a running/failed task. I removed it and attempted to unsuspend using the web panel but it failed, same error as Juan:

"Warning: The domain is still suspended for the following reason: Domain is temporarily disabled for backup/restoring."

I was successfully able to unsuspend the domain using the command line tool:
%plesk_bin%\domain.exe --on example.com

FYI %plesk_bin% typically is C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin

Same Issue on Linux with Plesk 9.2

How do I solve this on Linux with Plesk 9.2?

I have tried all option in the Control Panel I can find.

How exactly do I do it using Command Line?
Please be very detailed.

Parallels, this is a very big problem, please fix or remove the suspend during backup. I will never trust it again.

Thanks!
Brad

same problem here randomly on some domains after backup plesk 9.2.3 for windows.

I know how to start them manually, but I shouldn't have to! Please advise how we resolve this plesk!

same problem here randomly on some domains after backup plesk 9.2.3 for windows.

I know how to start them manually, but I shouldn't have to! Please advise how we resolve this plesk!

Same problem for me for version 9.3! I need always restart with dos a domain (most of the time the same) after backup.

/usr/local/psa/bin/domain --on domain.tld

The location of cli tools varies depending on the OS you are using, you can find more information on the Plesk CLI manual under the domain utilities chapter.

I am having the same problem. After running the domain.exe -u clientdomain.com -status update I can reach files but the databases are inaccessible

Back