• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Domain issues since Plesk update 18.0.21

Randy Lofficier

New Pleskian
We have had an odd problem with several of our domains since the last Obsidian update, and it has gotten worse with the update today to 18.0.21.

We have three websites with shopping carts. When we upload new items (we sell books), there is a shopping button to enable purchase. All the OLD buttons are visible and working properly. However the updates from last week have had a weird issue. On some browsers everything is fine, on other browsers there are NO buttons for the new items.

To make it stranger, the three websites work differently on the same device/computer. For example, on Nouveautés on my iPad, running the most recent iOS everything was working properly, but New Releases was not. On my husband’s Windows 10 PC it was the opposite on both Firefox and Edge. Then, suddenly, everything started working fine on both browsers. My MacBook Pro using Safari was fine for all the websites. We had messages from customers in the U.S., Switzerland, the UK and France who all had problems on various browsers.

With the 18.0.21 update today, I can’t even load all the images from Nouveautés on my iPad, but everything is working fine on the MacBook and PC. I keep thinking that this is due to either a PHP problem or possibly something to do with the firewall. The fact that it all started to show up since the last Plesk update makes me wonder if there isn’t a bug, and I was wondering if anyone else has had any odd glitches since then. I don’t understand a problem that isn’t the same for EVERY computer or device. It doesn’t appear logical.

I’m open for any suggestions someone can offer. Thanks.

Hi,

I can recommend you 2 options for action:

1) Try to connect directly and check if the problems are reproducible. Write the real IP address in the /etc/hosts file for your domain.
2) Try to check the security settings on the service SUCURI.net.

Plesk update does not interfere with the normal operation of the web server, so it is not necessary to look for the problem on Plesk side.

Back