• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain Migration Fails

S

SBCTEC

I'm trying to migrate a domain from one plesk server to another. This is the error I receive:

Code:
Execution of '/usr/local/psa/bin/domuser.sh' '--update' 'domain.com' '-locale' '' failed with the return code 1.
STDOUT:

STDERR:
Wrong syntax for option's '-locale' parameter

For all intensive purposes, I'm using the latest and greatest software on both machines. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by SBCTEC
I'm trying to migrate a domain from one plesk server to another. This is the error I receive:

Code:
Execution of '/usr/local/psa/bin/domuser.sh' '--update' 'domain.com' '-locale' '' failed with the return code 1.
STDOUT:

STDERR:
Wrong syntax for option's '-locale' parameter

For all intensive purposes, I'm using the latest and greatest software on both machines. Any suggestions?

What the locale of domain administrator set on the source machine?

I only have one locale present on each machine, en-US.

And what the locale in DB? If you look at migration Perl modules (/usr/local/psa/PMM/*.pl), it just getsl the data from the DB.

Both Client and Server charactersets on both servers are set to latin1.

I thought: Do I need the migration manager installed on the source server as well as the destination?

Both Client and Server charactersets on both servers are set to latin1.

I thought: Do I need the migration manager installed on the source server as well as the destination?

No, you need the migration manager on the destination Plesk. If you have a look at the migration logs, you'll see migration places the migration agent on the source server and then uses only this agent as the source of migrated data exactly as it does during migration from the other hosting control panels. Also the whtole agent is available to you in the /usr/local/psa/PMM/PleskX.pl, so if you want to fix some bugs you can do this yourself. Of course, I think Plesk Migration engineers wil accept your patches/fixes with respects - they defininetly can't test Migration Manager on the all the existing configuration of software, it's very flexible and, then, usually error-prone for such a strict software as Plesk.

Back