• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain Migration to new server - skeleton issue

J

joshua strebel

When migrating a domain from 1 server to another.. the virtual host template on the new server is maintained and migrated files are added to it.

I do not like this.

It stands to reason that the file structure of the migrated domain should take precedence. In other words.. the migration tool should do a rm -rf first, then place the migrated files into the httpdocs dir. I should not have to go back in and remove the skeleton folders and files after the migration.

Is it just me?

same here

I have exactly the same problem

Did you find any solution to this?

I have same problem too, plesk migration 9.5.3. -> 9.5.4.
Why PMM restores skeleton???

This one of a few reasons why I empty out the skel and default folders under /var/www/vhosts/.

1) I don't like these silly test/skel default files everywhere
2) The default page is kinda ugly, and its no one's business that I'm running plesk, plus the ads as well.
3) Peace of mind, cleaner setup, I toast everything and only make a blank index.html file

Works out good, and skips this migration problem, as yes I've ran into the same issue before.

Back