1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Domain Name and exclusive IP Address

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by palle, Dec 13, 2004.

1. palle

palle Guest

i have setup a customer with own IP address. If i now enter his IP i reach his website. if i enter his domain name, i reach the Plesk default page. I tried to trace route the domain name and it resolves the ip address correctly and find it path. so i don't understand where exactly the problem is. any help would be great. thanks!

2. AbsolutelyFreeW

AbsolutelyFreeW Guest

dns settings?

3. palle

palle Guest

I dont have the windows dns service installed, just the plesk name server. and it is configured in the same way as the first ip address. which is a shared ip address and it works fine with any domain name. i got an idea maybe it is the firewall settings at my router. im going to check this today.

4. palle

palle Guest

you were right. it was the dns settings.

5. AbsolutelyFreeW

AbsolutelyFreeW Guest

:) glad you worked it out