• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue The domain resolves to the incorrect IP address...

madpugger

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.57 Update #5,
Hi, and thanks for any assistance!
I've recently setup a couple of new domains and followed Ionos' instructions for using Plesk as the Nameserver. On all my other domains, I've just used Ionos for the DNS records but this is a bit tedious when using let's encrypt for example.
As far as I can tell, the DNS records in Plesk are correct, and the site is working as it should in safari - but sometimes in google, it tells me "This site can't be reached" and "Connection Reset". I am fairly certain this is to do with the company network I am accessing from for testing right now so not "too" concerned about this, but would like to understand why it works sometimes!

More concerning, is Plesk has a warning stating:
"Domain domainname.co.uk resolve problems detected:
The domain resolves to the incorrect IP address (217.160.0.112). To put your website online, correct DNS Settings."

Why would this be? The domain appears to work, the DNS records in Plesk appear to be correct and doing a DNS lookup seems ok too?

For those not familiar with Ionos, their instructions tell me to use NS1 as the VPS IP and NS2 as something like abcdefg.online-server.cloud. The abcdefg is presumably unique to my account.

TIA
Mike

Back