1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Domain name is invalid

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Hello World, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Hello World

Hello World Guest

I accidently chown all files and folders in /vhosts/mydomain.com, so I went into psa admin and remove the mydomain.com, When I tried to recreate the domain name, it said "Domain name is invalid".

I believe there are some pieces of mydomain.com on the server.

How do I completely clear mydomain.com, so I could create mydomain.com in the psa admin.

Note: i replaced my actual domain with "mydomain,com".

2. Who-m3

Who-m3 Guest

Login to your server, cd to the vhosts directory (/home/httpd/vhosts or /var/www/vhosts/, depending on your setup), "ls -al" to find out if your domain is there, if it is, issue a rm -rf <domain> to remove (forcably and recursively) the domain from the system.

3. Hello World

Hello World Guest

I did that but I couldn't find any pieces of mydomain.com.

I also did an updatedb and find a find on mydomain.com, but nothing shown up.