• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain Name Registration Integration

HostingGuy, ResellOne has the same API and user interface as OpenSRS and you can use the same tools that are used with OpenSRS. There are so many programs supporting OpenSRS API and the API documents are available everywhere and even there are open source php class projects for using the OpenSRS API etc.

But you are right about the support, I know that at least I got super-fast reply from eNom sales compared to ResellOne, maybe in future they fix that weakness also.

About the API, for example we use H-Sphere(I recommend:)) http://www.psoft.net/promo/ with ResellOne using the OpenSRS API and have over 1500 domains registered without any problems. The system offers fully automated operations and there is no need to contact support anyway. Unless of course if there is a technical problem, then they forward the support to Tucows/OpenSRS anyway.

Thanks,
Evren

I currenly use 123-Reg, but I will be looking for a registra that has an API.

I'm currently looking at Heart Internet and there Domain Credit system. No upfront cost, but you do have to re-purchase domain credits inorder for there Domain Robot API to work.

There Domain Robot works by taking a formatted incoming email from your domain and then processing the registration request. They now also support domain transfers on the same system too.

Only problem is you have to then manualy log into your Heart Internet account to change the name servers to your own, that's if you don't have a server with Heart Internet.

I would like to find a similar service, but one that allows you to set the nameservers too, which would cut down the registration and setup time.

Matt

Is there any specific reason of why you want registrations with e-mail when you can use API? As far as I can imagine, e-mail method can not be as secure and reliable. Almost all good control panel software's support multiple APIs for example H-Sphere from Parallels support a bunch of them and can automate all aspects of domain registration/management.
http://www.psoft.net/HSdocumentation/admin/domain_registrar_manager.html

More to that, the registrars give software suites which you can interface with their registrar API so you can put realtime registrations to your web pages etc.

I don't mind API's, but I don't want to switch to H-Sphere. The other intergrating domain registration and billing systems like Modern Bill are pricey, expensive to buy domains, and lets face it ugly interface.

There are more, you can use whoiscart for example. If you google around you can find more. You can also find other things, for example OpenSRS gives with free open source client library which you can use. Also eNom gives example scripts which you can use etc. You just have to modify them and make templates etc.

Back