• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Domain never coming through

Frank1000

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
i have added a A record for my domain at the registrar, to point to my vps hosting server with another provider.
On the vps hosting server with Plesk, i have added a subscriber and then added the domain to that subscriber.
Now im not sure if that's the right procedure, because the domain keeps not being reachable.
The registrar and vps supporters said its a browser cache thing, but the same happens when i call the domain on a browser that never had been gone to that url. Also, i don't see anything like the cached website ... its saying site not reachable.

What can i do to resolve ?

Regards,
Frank

- Verify that the IP address of the A record matches the IP address of your server.
- When you ping the domain name, does the server respond with the IP address that you have configured in the domain DNS?
- It might take a few hours after a DNS update until the domain is routing to a new address.

Hi Peter, thx for reply.
have found out finally. Because i still had a hosting setup at the registrar, it had two A records, that confused the domain loading. After setting the domain to DNS Only, it worked in no time.

Back