• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

domain not working with www prefix on plesk 10.3.1

A

anigaa

Hi, I have plesk 10.3.1 running on windows 2008 x64. Domains are loading OK without the prefix www but as soon as we add www in front of the domain name.tld we get the default Plesk page. I understand this was a bug on earlier versions and it was presumably resolved on this version? or maybe I am doing something wrong. Please help as I have one mad customer on my back.

regards,

We have www enabled by default since 10.0 or 10.1 version. Therefore you shouldn't add it additionally to domains.

IgorG, thanks for the reply, I understand the system says www was enabled from 10 onward however I am still faced with this problem, I have added another domain yesterday and we still had to go into IIS and bind www separately.

Regards,

Same problem here have to add www inside IIS running 10.3.1

I have the same problem. I am running Plesk 10.3.1 on Media Temple apache server. The www prefix does not work for any of the domains, and they just resolve to the default url for the IP address. I have tried url rewriting to forward www.example.com to http://example.com, but the rewrites do not work if I put them in an htaccess file in the root, or in the vhost.conf file. I have been working on it all day, with no success. I have no idea what the ISS mentioned above is. Is that for windows servers? Any help would be appreciated.

Back