• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain PHP settings not using "default" values from service plan

AdrianC

Basic Pleskian
Plesk panel 11.5.3 on CentOS.

I am trying to set a php memory_limit value under "Service plans > PHP settings"

Then under "Domains > site.com > php settings" if I set "default" memory_limit, I expect the domain to use the memory_limit set under the service plan, but instead it shows a value of 128MB in phpinfo();

It shows the right value if I directly set a memory_limit other than default directly in the domain's php settings.

Is this a bug or I misunderstood the settings?

So domain settings "default" means "php default" and not "service plan's default" ?! Is there a way to make all domains memory_limit use the value from service plan settings ?

Check that subscription has the same value of memory_limit as in corresponding Service Plan. Then click button "Update & Lock" for subscription. This value will be synchronized to PHP settings.

Maybe I misunderstood your directions but I know that "locked" settings are personalized and cannot be overwritten by parent settings, what I want is the opposite, I want the subscriptions/domains to all sync to the settings that I set on the service plan so that I don't need to manually set memory_limit for each domain/subscription. Can that be done ?

memory_limit value for new created subscription will be the same as it is defined in Service Plan. Then you can modify this value in Control Panel in PHP settings as you want. If you need to use value from Service Plan always - update it as I wrote above and do not allow permissions for changing it in subscription.

A "locked" subscription means that it has personalized settings locked so they cannot be overwritten by the service plan ? Or does it mean "locked" to not being able to be individually personalized and will always use same values from service plan?

Igor, this is extremely frustrating...

I did what you said above, the service plan and subscription settings syncs properly, but the domain settings is keeping its own settings.
After these 3 (service plan, subscription and domain) have same memory_limit and subscription is not locked, I expect domain memory_limit to change at once with the service plan, but it is not.

Ignore this part, I forgot the "M" after writing the 2048M memory_limit. The above issue remains.
After I changed memory_limit many times between 1GB and 2GB (server has 32GB), the site crashed with this error:
Code:
mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 262144 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 523800 bytes) in Unknown on line 0
[Tue Oct 08 14:30:20 2013] [error] [client 205.251.XXX.XXX] Premature end of script headers: photo.php

Last edited:
I am not sure if I read incorrectly Igor's instructions, but Plesk's settings work correctly, it is explained in this kb: http://kb.parallels.com/en/113869
Unchecking Common PHP settings management and Hosting performance settings management allowed me to properly apply memory_limit changes to all domains by editing service plan.

Back