• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain specific php.ini files

A

AlanO

I can't get my server set up to allow individual php.ini for each domain. I've read up on this a fair bit. The problem has come up because I need to ensure that php magic quotes is off for a specific domain but I know that it is needed on another domain - hence the need for a custom php.ini.

The problem is that my server uses fast CGI everywhere. Reading up the forums suggest changing the cgi_wrapper file from
#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/bin/php5-cgi

to

#!/bin/sh

domain=`fgrep -m 1 "$UID" /etc/passwd| awk -F\: '{print $6}' |awk -F"/" '{print $5}'`
PHPRC=/var/www/vhosts/$domain/conf/php.ini

[ -f ${PHPRC} ] || PHPRC="/etc/php.ini"

export PHPRC
exec /usr/bin/php-cgi -c "$PHPRC"

I tried this but it crashed the server so I had to back it out.

Any ideas how I can make it work?

thanks

Hello Alan,

You could use standard PHP module to create individual configuration for specific domains.

The file conf/vhost.conf or conf/vhost_ssl.conf in (sub)domain directory can be used to add specific PHP settings e.g.:

php_admin_flag magic_quotes_gpc OnPHP module consumes much less memory than FastCGI.
You can run virtual hosts as (sub)domain user with Apache module mpm-itk or mod_ruid2.
PHP module runs PHP code also under specific user in this case.

See http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=106297 for details.

Back