• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain Templates and E-Mail Account Quota

matt.simpson

Basic Pleskian
Plesk 8.2.0: Just FYI, I have recently created about 35 domains in Plesk all using the same Domain Template that had the default mailbox quota set to "Unlimited" on it.

For whatever reason Plesk created a blank @mbox.quota in /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.com which prevented any e-mail from being delivered to the mail accounts. Senders would receive the following
Recipient's mailbox is full, message returned to sender. (#5.2.2)

Anyways, I just deleted all the @mbox.quota files (since no one else on my server uses mailbox quotas).f

I used the following command:
cd /var/qmail/mailnames
find . -name "@mbox.quota" -print | xargs rm

Best Regards,
Matt Simpson

There's another issue that I found yesterday. I actually found this in Plesk 8.1.1, but it also applies to 8.2.1 ...

What I do is the following:
You have a number of domains and you want to do 'Group Operations' with them to change the mailbox quota.

The mailbox quota is not changed with 'Group Operations', meaning, the quotas stay as they are. You have to manually change the quota through the domain limits for each domain you want the quota changed.

For us this is a problem... We want to upgrade every client with our new product specifications, wich includes raising the mailbox quota to 50MB. We have about 1200 domains to change, but I do not want to update all these domains manually... I will do the group operations on them, but for the mailbox quotas, I will have to make a script that will change the value in every @mbox.quota file to the new value of 51200 (50MB)

Back