• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Domain with www and without www

Andrea Reyes

New Pleskian
Hello,

I add a domain as I usually do, but doesn´t work the web page
I need to select in preferred domain with www, and the page works but I can access to mail or redirect without www to www.

selene-1.jpg

This is the usual configuration for all the domains that I have

selene-2.png

I prove without www and this is the resoult

selene-3.png

selene-4.png

And works with www

selene-5.png

selene-6.png

selene-7.png

And this is weard, doubles www.www.

selene-8.png

I can´t access in webmail or zoho

selene-9.png

I don´t understand what happens, with the other domains works well

Please help!! Is a problem for update plesk?
I have Plesk version 12.5.30 for linux update #44 Aug 15 2016, I create the domain in Aug 13

Hi Andrea Reyes,

Please help!! Is a problem for update plesk?
No.

I don´t understand what happens, with the other domains works well
Did you check your DNS - entries from your domain registrar, which is the initial nameserver for your domain "seleneheels.com" ? Pls. make sure to add all DNS - entries, which you see over the Plesk Control Panel at your domain registrars nameserver ( GODADDY ).

Hint:
You setup for example:
Code:
www.seleneheels.com.    NS    10800    ns1.nameserverservice.com.
www.seleneheels.com.    NS    10800    ns2.nameserverservice.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Andrea Reyes,

you might be surprised, that all services work as expected, when you would at least TRY to follow the suggestion! ;)

The DNS entry is missing a wildcard subdomain for seleneheels.com, that is why webmail.seleneheels.com cannot be resolved. You only explicitely state www.seleneheels.com and seleneheels.com, but you are neglecting *.seleneheels.com. The syntax for this wildcard is different with nameserver providers. It could actually be a "*" as a subdomain entry or a "@" at some places.

You cannot redirect properly either, because you have a DNS redirect for the www-domain as a CNAME in your record.

I suggest you remove the www-domain CNAME and add a wildcard A-record for your domain. This will resolve all issues (webmail-subdomain, redirect within Plesk).

Back