• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

domain

S

Sidewinder

hello, i have someone who is switching hosts from one host to me. His previous host deleted his account. So how do i make the domain he already has point to my server? I did a whois and i see the domain name is registered to the previous host, and is using the previous hosts name servers. What do i need to do to get his domain name hosted on my server?

Thanks

it needs some time to the dns cache is updated. like for a long time you waited? there are possibilities this time to shorten. like test over www.tracert.com to trace your dns name.

so when someone transfers hosts, i just create him an account, go Add Domain, add his domain name and just wait? i dont have to like contact the domain registrar and change the nameserver or anything?

Originally posted by Sidewinder
so when someone transfers hosts, i just create him an account, go Add Domain, add his domain name and just wait? i dont have to like contact the domain registrar and change the nameserver or anything?
He'll have to contact his previous host to get the nameservers changed to yours.

Setup his account regularly and wait for DNS to resolve.

Back