• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DomainKeys signature not present

Matt_Hill

New Pleskian
I have enabled DomainKeys and ticked the box "Use DomainKeys spam protection system to sign outgoing email messages" however messages sent do not have the DomainKeys signature present.

I presume they should be present for email sent with PHP, that is what i'm trying to do anyway so email's from our website do not get marked as SPAM.

The _domainkey and default._domainkey DNS entries are present.

Thanks for any help.

I think this problem is addressed in the following KB - http://kb.odin.com/en/125353

Following the instructions in that article:

1. Server-Wide Mail Settings > DomainKeys spam protection > Allow signing outgoing mail

This is turned on

2. Mail Settings for mydomain.co.uk > Use DomainKeys spam protection system to sign outgoing email messages

This is turned on

3. DKIM TXT records are ok accroding to: http://www.protodave.com/tools/dkim-key-checker/

4. /etc/opendkim.conf does not exist

5. In /etc/postfix/main.cf These do next exist:

non_smtpd_milters = , inet:127.0.0.1:12768
#milter_connect_macros = j {daemon_name} {client_connections} {client_addr}
#milter_connect_macros = j {daemon_name}

OS / Plesk Info:
OS Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS
Key number PLSK.03115174.0003

Any advice is welcome, thank you.

Last edited:
Update, i managed to fix this.

I edited /etc/postfix/main.cf and added "non_smtpd_milters = , inet:127.0.0.1:12768" (without the quotes)

I then connected to the server with SSH and ran the following commands:
  • sudo /usr/local/psa/bin/domain_pref -u upvcspares4repairs.co.uk -sign_outgoing_mail false
  • sudo /usr/local/psa/bin/domain_pref -u upvcspares4repairs.co.uk -sign_outgoing_mail true
  • sudo /etc/init.d/postfix stop
  • sudo /etc/init.d/postfix start

After all my out going email was signed correctly and not marked as spam by email services such as outlook.com.

Back