• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Don't backup in /var/lib/psa/dumps ?

FirstPoint

Basic Pleskian
Hi all,

We've configurer Plesk to do a full server backup on our remote FTP.

Unfortunately, Plesk is also backing up in /var/lib/psa/dumps (I guess that's where it creates the backups before transfering them right)?

But the problem is even while having configured we want FTP backup, no local backups, the files are kept in /var/lib/psa/dumps, so after 7-8 days we have to empty the folders manually otherwise the disk gets full !

How to configure to delete the files after FTP xfer ?

Thanks

By default dump should be deleted after transferring to FTP server. Backup logs from /usr/local/psa/PMM should be investigated if it doesn't happen.

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the answer !

The only log file related to backups I found was /usr/local/psa/PMM/logs/migration.log.2011-02-07-043639

However it seems to be the log only for the backup generation: no reference to FTP transfer. And no errors in the logs.

Is it that file you are talking about ?

Usually dump will keep in local repository only in case when remote FTP repository becomes not available for some reasons.

I mamnaged to find some more backup files: /usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/2011-02-08-020602.577/psadump.log.

There are several permission denied errors (backup script trying to access files in customer's httpdocs and getting denied)

And also appearently an ftp curl error: login denied followed by "cannot delete backup".

Gonna check this and keep you updated. Thanks

Back