• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DotNetNuke Installation Issues - Help!

C

campisi

I am trying to move a dotnetnuke installation over to our new server (Plesk 8.6 on Win2k7/IIS7). Not having any luck at all. Originally had problems with the App Pool, but manually setup a new pool to use classic mode. Tried setting up a fresh new DNN install also. But still can't get things to work with a series of strange error messages that I can't resolve. Its like whack-a-mole - fix one thing and another problem pops up. I'll post the specific messages later, but for now I'd just like to check and see if I'm wasting my time:

1) has anybody successfully run DNN sites on Plesk 8.6 on IIS7?
2) If you have been successful, what did it take to get it to work or how do you have it configured in IIS and Plesk?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I can configure a fresh install of latest version of DNN for you. Just need the directory name and the version u need
installed. It is recommended not to install from plesk as u cant get the latest version

Absolutely, you need to install DNN manually on your websites.. if you need the latest version & also if you need the DNN to be installed in the root of the website, ie. if you browse the website directly, the DNN would show up. While a short coming in Plesk is that, it doesn't let you install DNN in the root of the website, but in a folder...

Back